Friday 24 June 2011

How often do you blog?

So now I've officially got a blog and have told various people (friends and relatives), I keep getting asked have you blogged today? When I reply no, i'm asked why not? Well because I have nothing to say today.
Is there any kind of rule of thumb on how often you blog? I've had a look at the blogs I'm following, most of them have been around for awhile and are experienced bloggers. There doesn't seem to any set rules or am I missing something?
I guess for the purposes of cpd23, it has to be at least once a week when you are reflecting on the Thing you've just done. For me it might be more as I'm supposed to be using it to help record thoughts for my Chartership too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure there are 'rules', per se, but I know from the group blog I manage for work that a regular schedule really does attract more readers - we try for 1 post each weekday, and if we're going to be low I try and space the posts as Mon/Wed/Fri, and over the year we've kept that schedule we've seen the readership rise. (Not that I manage anything close to that for my own blog!)

    I guess it depends on what your goals are, though. If it's primarily a place for collecting and recording your thoughts, then that's the driver, rather than what might up your reader numbers.

    ReplyDelete

Working from home day 5 - however long it's been on 16/04

Yes, it may have been 3 or 4 weeks now but it feels like 3 or 4 months. I have got to the stage where I don't know what day it is, t...