Tuesday 21 June 2011

Work I have done and am yet to do

Today I started doing the performance reviews for my staff. I had mine last week. This time I have asked everyone to bring examples with them of how they have met the targets that were set. This is an attempt to get them to engage more with the process. I took examples to my review and thought that it went really well, as it made me focus on what I had done at work over the last year. It was quite amazing to see how much I had achieved. 


Another tool I use to see how much I have achieved is an electronic to do list, much easier than multiple post it notes I used to use. My list of choice is Ta Da List ( http://tadalist.com/ ) which allows me to create many lists (so I have a current one and build one for the future), share it with my colleagues, who can add and edit and once a task is completed, when you check it off, it is moved off the to do list but remains visible as a completed action. The only downside really is that it gives you a figure of how many tasks you have left to do, this can be quite daunting especially when you keep adding to the list. And for those of you who have an iPhone, yes there is an app.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working from home day 5 - however long it's been on 16/04

Yes, it may have been 3 or 4 weeks now but it feels like 3 or 4 months. I have got to the stage where I don't know what day it is, t...